Assisting Elders and Caregivers
Our client, based in UAE, wanted to develop technology using a mobile application linked to wearable devices (smart watches and bracelets) to assist elders and caregivers by monitoring various types of health conditions, locations and appointments.
- The main challenge was creating a system consisting of two applications, one for the caregiver and another for the elder.
- The caregiver application will be provided on a smart mobile phone; the elder application will be through a smartwatch.
- Develop iOS and Android versions of the applications and integrate them with a smart mobile phone and our client’s smartwatch/wearable.
- Our client’s smartwatch was designed for elders to allow them to rely on themselves and facilitate independent living through technology and innovation.
- Vast functionality, which includes (but is not limited to): checking route back home; reminders about their daily tasks such as taking medicines; direct calls, notifications, safe area alerts etc.
- The smartwatch pairs with iOS and Android applications built by Digital Bricks.
- A funded accelerator programme has accepted this client’s project, and Digital Bricks have since been re-tasked to build even more functionality.
People. products. power.